Kia ora, Kia orana, Warmest greetings to you all,
As you may be aware New Zealand is now sitting at COVID-19 Alert Level 2. Schools still remain open, however we would like to make you aware of some things we have put in place to continue to keep us all safe:
1. All visitors to the school will need to sign a declaration prior to entering. Please don't be offended if you are turned away, we will still help you but by phone.
2. From Monday all sports practices and cultural practices will be suspended as we cannot guarantee social distancing rules.
3. We will of course be following all rules of not having more than 100 people in inside meetings.
4. The entire school has been checked for the availability of hygiene products for students and staff to use to ensure we can continue to promote good hand washing practices. Any issues discovered have been rectified.
5. Posters have been placed around the entire school reminding students and staff about the measures required for this time in terms of hygiene.
6. The school has had an extra clean and the cleaners have been asked to keep things cleaner than their usual high standards.
7. Staff laptops have been cleaned and staff have been reminded to keep their rooms clean.
8. Staff who are concerned about students who appear unwell have immediately contacted Senior Leadership Team members and we have sent those students home.
9. Staff who are unwell have been asked not to come to school.
10. Our staff in the risk categories have been asked to work from home from Monday.
We would also like to remind you to keep yourselves and your children at home if you are sick. The Prime Minister today has announced a group of people who should avoid going out where possible - those in this list are:
- People over 70
- People with medical conditions particularly respiratory conditions, heart conditions, high blood pressure, kidney problems and diabetes.
- People undergoing treatment for cancer and blood conditions
- Pregnant women
- Aged care residents
- Migrant and Refugee communities
Full details are contained at this address:
As we have said previously we will continue to be guided by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health about remaining open and will make contact with you if there was any change to this situation.
Thank you for your continued support of Forest View High School. Stay safe, look after each other and continue to be kind to each other